SPRINKLER IRRIGATION SYSTEM
Sprinkle irrigation is the method of irrigation by which water is sprayed on the land surface in the form of artificial rain.Water is distributed through a system of pipes usually by pumping and ejected through a nozzle called sprinkler
Sprinklers provide efficient coverage for small to large areas and are suitable for use on all types of soils.
- Elimination of the channels for conveyance, therefore no conveyance loss
- Suitable to almost all types of soil
- Suitable for irrigating crops where the plant population per unit area is very high.
- It is most suitable for oil seeds and other cereal and vegetable crops
- Water saving
- Closer control of water application
- Increase in yield.
- Mobility of system